Thursday, December 3, 2009

Dream Catcher

Last night while I slept, I was dreaming.
It was good, crazy and a little strange.

I remember not wanting to open my eyes, and have my dream flutter away with the morning light. I fought to stay asleep as long as I could, putting off work and the new day.
I was trying to linger in the sweet escape that dream offered me.

Eventually when I did wake up, I could recall pretty vividly everything about my dream.
There were good parts that made my belly have butterflies.
There were crazy parts, I could see him smiling, but I couldn't make the rest of his face come to mind. I could feel his skin beneath my hands as I touched his hands and his arms.
I can even remember liking the way he smelled.
The strange part was I was suddenly in a room full of people I'm not sure where or who all these people were. All I know is they stuck around when all I wanted them to do was leave.
I wanted them to leave so I could be alone with him.

I don't have the slightest clue who "He" is. I never could really see his face, only his smile.

All I know is that smile brought me comfort, that smile made me feel good.
I felt whole again around that smile.

As the day went on, I tried to re-live my dream I tried to bring those images and those feelings to the fore front of my mind again.
Every time it was harder to concentrate on the details, harder to grasp at my dream.
I could see it fluttering in front of my eyes, I reach to grab it but my fingers go right through it as if I was reaching for the wind.

The only thing I remember for sure was that it was a good, crazy and somewhat strange dream I didn't want to wake up from.

Maybe tonight I will have the same dream.
Maybe I will be able to remember it after.
I want to keep this dream.

Even though it was only a dream, for a while I was happy with someone else.
Who that someone else is? I don't know, it doesn't really matter to me.

What matters is I know if I can dream me being with someone else. It eventually will happen.
I will be happy again.
I will be able to smile easily again.
I will be able to love again.
I won't have to be alone.

I'm going to catch this dream one day.

No comments: