Monday, April 15, 2013

No Bake Cookies

Maybe it was the snowy day, whatever the reason I was feeling nostalgic.
So I dug out a recipe for No Bake Cookies. These bring me right back to High School Home Ec class and our teacher we all loved Mrs. Stewart. These were easy to make and I'm sure Mrs. Stewart had to know that in order to keep us happy, you need to feed us. So the No Bake was a very needed staple for our class!

So here is a piece of my High School.
No Bake Cookies
1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
4 Tbspn cocoa
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
2 tsp. vanilla

In a pot mix the first 4 ingredients and bring to a boil. Add the next 3 ingredients, stir it all together.
Drop onto wax paper, let cool and sit.

The only difference is I no longer throw them in the freezer so they set up faster. I have self control to wait the old fashioned way :)

No comments: