Monday, November 24, 2008

Totally Necessary

I was having Random thoughts the other morning, last night and again this morning re: Christmas shopping.

I've decided to get people things that are only necessary.
Then I decided to go one further and ask for things that are only necessary for myself.
I want to de-clutter my life, and my house. Who really needs all those things that just are, they really don't have a purpose do they?

Well I started thinking what to buy people, what they really needed and what was really necessary to them.
Does my Sister REALLY need another pair of shoes?
Does my Dad REALLY care if he gets more socks?
Does my Mom REALLY need this or that?

Then I started thinking about myself... (Yeah it happens occasionally)
What do I need that is totally necessary. I tried, I mean I really tried to think of only necessary things and here is what my logic is:
Well, it's TOTALLY NECESSARY for me to have that new camera. I might DIE without it.
Then I also realized, it's TOTALLY NECESSARY for me to get a new coaching bag. I might PERISH without it.
BUT, what about that north face vest, and shoes? I might FREEZE and DIE without them.

So, as you can see. I can't really split the difference from what is necessary and what I just want.
So why should I expect those around me to do the same thing? It's not fair of me to do that and really I'm a very fair and understanding person. Everyone wants what they think is TOTALLY NECESSARY for themselves and where they are in life..... well kinda.

Oh well, I can always try to convince myself again next year.

No comments: