Sunday, September 20, 2009

Failure?

So I can't help but wonder, if I'm failing.
I don't want to be a failure in God's eyes, I would rather our marriage work.
I'm not perfect and added to the problem, but I did not want this outcome not in a million years.

I just can't help but wonder if I'm a failure in God's eyes.
I wonder if there was something more I could have done, or if I should try to patch things once again...

I have started praying more often, I always would pray for my family and friends. I asked for God to give them love, strength and guidance when they needed it. I always asked that he kept them safe.
I still want these things, but now I want to know if he views me as a failure.
I want to know what I should do. I want his help, his strength and guidance.

I'm okay with the outcome as it looks now. If divorce is the right thing.
I know I didn't and still don't want a divorce. Neither one of us did.
I also know that I want to be happy. Both of us deserve it.
I know God wants that for us as well, but in his eyes is divorce is failing?

I have prayed for a sign, anything to help point me in the right direction. I don't want to disappoint him for failing, I need help choosing my path.

I just want to be sure we are doing the right thing in God's eyes.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Personally, I think God is upstairs cheering at you for how much work you put into saving your marriage and still having the strength to know when it needed to end. But, that's just me, I don't know him personally :) Nobody deserves to be unhappy in a forced relationship. While divorce is never the favored options, sometimes it's the only option and God knows that.