Thursday, October 23, 2008

Settled

It's official!
I just finished settling with the insurance re: my truck.
I'm both happy and sad.
Happy: Because FINALLY this is over, it took forever. But I'm happy things are done, and both parties were happy.
Sad: My truck being totalled will be taken from me and placed in the hands of a cold uncaring dump site. Poor truck, the years we had together were good and I will miss you with your glorious stick shift. (Maybe I can take that part out and keep it...)

Thank goodness, the person I spoke with while figuring out numbers and finally settling was very nice, and a REAL person. I hate when people get huffy with you and don't listen to your questions, that frustrates me beyond coming back and I just get mad and dig my feet in.
So basically, I guess the insurance company got off lucky right? Rather than have to face the wrath of myself. (I like to think I'm a big deal)

Well now for the paperwork.
( I don't want to think about all the tree's I've gone through this month)
Then my old note will get paid off, then I can add the rest as a down payment on the other vehicle.

I feel like there really is light at the end of this tunnel. Unfortunately at the end of the tunnel I have to pay to license and insure a whole new vehicle. I suppose though beggar's can't be chooser's right?

Things are beginning to look up! Dare I say it.... is my streak of bad luck over?

Just to be safe I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: