Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I should have been a vet...

This morning I found a kitten outside our chicken coop. I wanted to catch it but the dog chased it away. Poor little thing was skinny.
So I put a whole bunch of cat food under the chicken coop where the little kitten ran.

Tonight I'm hoping I can see another siting. Although if I catch the little bean I don't know what I'll do with it.....
Correction, if I catch the little bean I will want to keep it and bring it in the house, and as we all know I already have 2 cats that reside at my house. I added these cats to my list of pets because we found them, they are both rescue kitty's. And when it comes to animals, especially animals who may be suffering, I feel sad for them and almost always welcome them into my home.

Everyday I'm woken up by my older cat meowing in my ear while she rubs her forehead against my chin. She lays on my chest.... not so very patiently for me to get up and feed her.
My other cat sleeps at my feet and attacks my feet if I move them ever so slightly....
He also like to be petted in the middle of the night. He prefers my chin to pet his head the best.

Can you imagine putting another kitten into the mix, not to mention the increased times I would have to clean out the cat box....

Oh man am I in trouble.
If you can't tell, when it comes to animals I'm a softy a total push over. I even named my chickens (Doesn't everyone?)
Speaking of which, did I ever tell about the time I saw a baby fox on the side of the road, he looked lonely sad and hungry. I don't know if he had a Momma or not.
It took everything I had to not stop and pick him up. He was so cute!
I may or may not have gone back later to look for him.

No comments: