Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Volleyball Camp

Oh how I miss the days where I could sit on my can all summer long and eat whatever I like. Including Ice Cream once a day sometimes twice a day.

I miss the days where I could literally do nothing and go to the gym to play a little volleyball and be just fine.
Sure I would be tired but I could jump forever, I could still hit the ball hard, I could go on for hours and hours of volleyball and be just fine.

Those days are over. Those days are long gone.

Now I must train and work out and try like hell to get my butt in shape.
Oh lord how I miss being so young and agile. I miss being able to bounce back so quickly.

I miss being quick.

Yesterday at camp I went through a couple drills, immediately after I had to sit down, breathe, drink some water and eat some food to revive myself.
I think I may need to start working out again now so I'm in shape for the volleyball tournament in July.

2 comments:

Rene said...

Sounds like camp is fun for you! I am glad you are able to share your love for the sport with these kids. They are very fortunate the you are doing this. I remember when you started out in this sport! You were a natural,and your couches saw this in you! Love ya, Mom

Rene said...

OK, I thought I put the correct spelling, my fingers are faster than my thoughts! The Kids are very fortunate they have you.