Monday, December 29, 2008

Have I got a story for you

First off, I hope everyone had a wonderful, warm Christmas!
I had a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit, you just can't smile when things fall apart...

Okay, now take lunch and enjoy my story. Oh and before I start, I would like to say that the following event is true. I can't make this stuff up.

Monday December 22, 2008
I had a Chiropractor appointment much like I do every Monday.
So I head in to town for my appointment. Things are good and I'm in and out. I dash to the grocery store to get a couple things.
Now I'm heading out of town, enjoying a bagel on my way to work.
Then Bam it happens, out of now where, I mean I didn't see it coming.
What, WHAT? you ask.
Well my friends I hit a deer. (Hey we live in MT it happens)
To be exact I hit a buck, a mule deer buck.
I was in the middle of town when I hit the SOB deer.
I wasn't driving fast, obviously because the SOB deer, ran off. There was no blood, no broken bones. The only piece of the SOB deer I had were 6 strands of hair/ fur.
Oh but don't forget my parting gift.
Broken grill guard
Broken Head light
Dented Fender
The list goes on. In fact it goes on so far my cost to fix my truck (which by the way is still a baby she's only 3 months old) is 3200.00 dollars.
Thank GOD I have insurance.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.
After I hit the SOB deer, I'm in shock, I can't believe it. Is this really happening?
I pull onto some street in town, and blindly pull into some parking lot that isn't marked. Hey maybe I'll get robbed too.
I get out and assess the damage.
Kindly the lady behind me who was witness to everything got out as well to ask if I was okay.
That's when I start to cry. I say I'm fine, this sucks and some other choice words. Thank the lady and off she goes. (I don't even ask her name, birthday, licence plate, ideal date, nothing.)

I do what anyone would do.
I call my Husband, he doesn't answer.
I call my Mom and cry. The only thing I was thinking is "What else can happen?" This is a bad nightmare, I've had nothing but bad luck for 3 months now....
"I don't have the money for this!" "I just bought this truck, just bought the insurance"
"Mom, what do I do?" "Mom, why does this keep happening?"
My Mom asks me, "Where are you?"
I say, "I don't know, in town somewhere"

She told me to call the Sheriff so I can report it so I can then turn it into my insurance.
I call the Sheriff and give them horrible directions to where I am. "Um, I'm by the vet across the street from the tractor store"
Needless to say, she wanted to laugh at me, I know she did. But nicely asked if there were any signs around me. There was thankfully. So she was sending someone on their way.

I sit in this parking lot for half an hour, it starts to snow. I just got a hold of Ryan when the Sheriff pulled up.
I get all my info and into his van we go to do paperwork!
That is all finished, I ask him what I should do. He said go to the shop and get it checked out!
So I call Ryan back, fill him in. And he said he will come get me. In the mean time, I call my insurance and give them all the info re: my SOB deer parting gift. (Stupid deer, I wish I could run him over again, I guaran damn tee he would not RUN away and there would be blood lots of blood) ANYWAYS
1 hour later Ryan gets there. The roads suck, it's cold and I feel like life is out to get me.... no seriously.
On the way to the body shop I pass a cop car, what does the cop car do? He rubber necks my truck and flips a U-y. HA, great!

So I get pulled over.
He asks if I'm aware of my Headlight. Me.... uh YEAH. I hit a deer this morning, about oh an hour ago and I'm on my way to the body shop.
Oh really? Licence and registration please.

Sure why not. Do you want my finger prints too, maybe a DNA test.
I'm still thinking "Anything else we can fit into today?"

So he checks things out and weirdly my story pans out. He apologizes about the damages and sends me on my way.

Finally we get to the shop. They look at my truck, take pictures and give me the estimate.

3200.00 dollars.
WHAT? I didn't even kill the deer. I want to, but I didn't.
I thought Ryan would fall over from heart failure.
Thankfully I have insurance, thank you GOD.

The insurance approved the estimate, and sent a check. I just have to pay the deductible.
Tomorrow hopefully I will be able to go pick up my truck. Hopefully it's like new again.
My next investment will be a grill guard with spikes sticking out the front so anything dares to run in front of me again, it'll practically be suicide by impalement!
I can laugh now, but then I was so upset and mad and Mad and upset.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

No comments: