Monday, July 6, 2009

July 4th Recap

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit, I didn't really do anything over my holiday weekend.
Sure I tried out new foods and recipes. But for the majority of the 4th I was home alone.
So I sat on the couch, painted my toes. I sat outside and watched my chickens.

Eventually I wandered inside to get dirty in the kitchen.
(Not that kind of dirty, I said I was home alone!)

Blackberry Cobbler, it was delicious.
It's even better warm with vanilla ice cream on the side.
And an awesome bonus, this was really easy to make.
Give this recipe a try yourself.


The Cream of Corn Casserole dish was also a keeper.
Very good, very rich, very very good.
The only thing, it's kind of a pain in the behind to cut off the kernels from the cob. In the end though this dish it worth all the effort.
Make this for someone you love.
Like it's any surprise, both of these recipes came from The Pioneer Woman.

On a totally un 4th of July related note.

I have been going on and on about all these animals I live with and around and haven't posted a single picture. So let's fix that right now shall we...?

Let's get this party started with the chickens.

The black and white gal trailing behind is Peaches.

The dark red gentlemen is Big Ben. He is the biggest dude.

The lighter red guy is kinda wild and sadly I don't have a name for him. Let's call him Pete.





This little guy is Turbo and he is the smallest dude.
He is the tamest too, I can pick him up, pet him put him on my lap.
Basically this chicken is awesome.
Not present for picture day was Chicken little my other hen and my other rooster. Yes I realize my girl to guy ratio kinda stinks, but such is life.
Hope everyone had an awesome and safe July 4th celebration!

No comments: