Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Close call

This morning, I got up earlier then usual.
I was making a pot roast for dinner and had to get everything cut up, seared and into the pot before I jumped in the shower.

My normal routine in the mornings is:
Roll out of bed, put on my slippers (our floors are cold)
Let the Dog out
Feed the Cat's
Feed the Dog
Pour myself a cup of coffee
Sit on the couch and fully wake up
Pull myself from the couch
Get dressed and off to work.

This morning however was a little different.
First I did all my normal things except sit on the couch.
I went into the laundry room to feed the dog when I heard our freezer making a strange noise.
I looked and the door was opened a crack, and had been like for a while.
How do I know, well we were leaking water onto the floor.
So I begin to clean up the mess.
By this time Ryan comes in and sees what I'm doing.
He decides he better just get in there himself and clean it correctly (knock yourself out buddy)
Everything is cleaned up and the strange noise is gone.
The problem now is there is no noise coming from the freezer.
As you can imagine Ryan is getting mad and beginning to curse having to buy another freezer.

I tell him, "Well just unplug it and give it a sec. Then plug her back in"

You know what happened? It worked! You could hear that magical noise that let people rest easy at night knowing their freezer was in fact still working.
Thank goodness, or else we would have to had a huge BBQ and feed all the people of Belt.

And it's just NOT BBQ weather right now.

Unrelated Basketball update:
We went to another open gym last night. I'm still sore.
There is a game tonight and we are on the road. I so do not want to eat at McDonald's again.

No comments: