Thursday, March 5, 2009

Spring? Are you there? I've missed you

Well today had potential to be a good day.
I woke up, kinda well rested. But not really
(I won't go into detail about what I witnessed last night in my living room I will tell you it involved a cat and a mouse. It was loud, it was scary and it woke me from my humble slumber) I'm afraid I won't ever be the same.

But I had time to make a lunch to take with me. (Okay so I just grabbed a couple slices of cold pizza and a water bottle) But you have to start somewhere right?

I drive to work, and notice wow it's kinda nice outside (besides the wind, but that's an everyday thing) I'm working away and notice the time.
"Hey it's time to eat lunch!"
And that's when things begin to slowly go down hill.
First off the wind picked up, we had small trees flying across the pasture.
Then it began to snow.
Then the temperature dropped.
That's right that wicked winter isn't over yet.

For the love of Pete, I would like to have one nice Easter in the state of Montana.
No wind.
No cold.
No snow.
I've always pictured being able to wear my spring pastel's and sit outside while enjoying my easter basket.

So to make myself feel better, I've printed off several different recipes that I'm going to try.
One being a 14 layer cake. Yep I said 14 alright.

And tonight I want to make chocolate chip muffins. So I can eat them in the mornings with my coffee.

Because really what gives better comfort then chocolate?

In sports related news:

Middle school girls basketball is going good. Those girls crack me up. We have our first games next weekend.

State tournament is currently taking place.
Belt played Big Sandy today. (I hope Belt won)
The winner of that game is scheduled to play Twin Bridges tonight.
It's single elimination.
Currently I'm rooting for the home team.
Which technically is both teams.
Here's hoping to a good game.
Go Belt!
Go Twin Bridges!

Edited to add:
I was told the tournament was a single elimination. Thankfully it isn't, it's a double elimination tournament.

No comments: