Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend Recap

This weekend was pretty busy. Not to much time to just sit on the couch and contemplate eating ice cream with or without chocolate syrup.

Friday I had the day off.
The ranch was branding, so I helped make the food.
Then it was off to the school to catch the bus for the Basketball games.
The girls won both games! (we beat them pretty bad. 47 to 4)
On the ride back home the girls and boys were Starving.
So we stopped at McDonald's.... WHY? OH WHY? (It's impossible for Middle School boys and girls to eat quickly and quietly)
So approximately 1 1/2 hours later we are heading home.

Saturday, we had more basketball games.
Which I'm happy to report both my girls team's won.
(We are currently undefeated! And I personally would love to keep it that way)
After the games, I decided to come home and sit on the couch....
But once I got home I realized I really really needed to clean the cat box, take out the trash and unload the dishwasher and let the chickens out. (It was SUCH a nice day)
Once that was done what I really wanted to do was take a nap. I was woken up by Ryan and a friend shooting their new toys. A 22 (pistol like) with a scope, yep the exact formula for disaster.
I decided I was up and sat outside, let the cats outside as well.
I get so much personal entertainment from this it's sad.
But just imagine it. Kitty meet the outside, meet the mud and dirt, oh and meet the chickens.
Only if animals could talk....

Last but not least Sunday
Ryan and I went to file our taxes... Oh joy, oh elation!
Instead of a big tax rebate like we were hoping we actually have to pay the IRS. I'm trying to cope with it. But seriously I think they have enough money and really don't need anymore of mine.
To end the day on a better note, we went to the gym to play a little basketball.
4 hours, 1 pulled muscle, 3 blisters, one broken toenail, 6 bruises and 150 sore muscles later we decided to call it a night.

You can say that I was a little sore this morning.

And that was my weekend!
Now it's back to the everyday same ol routine.
Oh and you know what we had to brighten our Monday morning?? SNOW!

I remember way back in the day when I was a wee little one and we used to have this phenomenon called "Sprig, or no Srang.... NO no I remember it was called SPRING!"

Oh how I miss the days of my child hood where we actually had a season named spring.

No comments: