Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Playing Dress Up

All little girls do this.(I know I did) And all little boys do this to, sometimes in girl clothes. (I know my nephew did) (Don't tell him I told you, he may get embarrassed)

My point? I have one I swear. At least I think I do.

Dress up, there are several different forms. (For grown ups anyways, cause I'm like SO grown up and all)
I'm talking about being different roles for people. Being there and offering a wide variety of tools to your friends such as listening or giving advice, or playing Dr. Phill.

I know my friends have been there for me, always. They have also put their thinking caps on for me, listened to me, been mad with me, sympathetic with me, and they have Dr. Philled me and just basically psycho-analyzed me when I needed it.

I just love when they do that for me.

My favorite roll is the Dr. Phill roll, or advice giver. (Of course only when I know what I'm talking about. I wouldn't ever miss lead one of my friends. No, stop thinking that I would not. Never ever ever)
Anyways back to being Dr. Phill the advice giver. It's fun, it takes you down memory lane. Back to when you were in a situation that your friend has now found themselves in.
"What did you do?" "What should I do?"
I think the best part after going through it yourself hindsight vision is always 20/20 and you are able to pass that along to your friends.

Am I making any sense or just rattling along about this. Are you all just sitting there with a sympathetic smile and blank glaze on your face? Just nodding your head at me? You think I'm crazy don't you?


ah forgetaboutit.

No comments: