Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm Baaaccckkk!

*Knock, Knock. This thing still work?*

I feel like I've been long gone. Long gone for so long.
I love weekends. But only the ones when I don't have to do anything.
This weekend wasn't even in the same ball game. All I did was work. Work work work work work. (The only reprieve I get is bottle feeding the babies. There are five bottle babies now and I love them all.)
Because I'm such a nice wife, I help Ryan during calving. He night calves, as in stay up all night to check cows and sleep all day. So this weekend I stayed up all night and slept all day.
Have you ever done that? Talk about mess with your inner calendar/ time thingy.

Right now I'm at work, and my brain thinks it's time to be sleeping. Last night, I stayed home to sleep. Well once 11:00 hit, my body and brain were like "I'm Up! Let's Party! Or let's clean the house, do the dishes, move the new freezer, clean the laundry room, do some laundry, clean the kitchen and take the trash out."

I can't wait until calving is over. There are 300 plus calves on the ground, we are almost almost half way there. I can't wait.

On another note, have you seen this? It's scary.

Thought you might find this interesting.
I found this interesting and wanted to pass it along.Recently someone had to have their 5-year old German Shepherd dog put down due to liver failure. The dog was completely healthy until a few weeks ago, so they had a necropsy done to see what the cause was. The liver levels were unbelievable, as if the dog had ingested poison of some kind. The dog is kept inside, and when he's outside, someones with him, so the idea of him getting into something unknown was hard to believe.My neighbor started going through all the items in the house. When he got to the Swiffer Wetjet, he noticed, in very tiny print, a warning which stated 'may be harmful to small children and animals.' He called the company to ask what the contents of the cleaning agent are and was astounded to find out that antifreeze is one of the ingredients (actually, he was told it's a compound which is one molecule away from antifreeze). Therefore, just by the dog walking on the floor cleaned with the solution, then licking its own paws, it ingested enough of the solution to destroy its liver.Soon after his dog's death, his housekeepers' two cats also died of liver failure. They both used the Swiffer Wetjet for quick cleanups on their floors. Necropsies weren't done on the cats, so they couldn't file a lawsuit, but he asked that we spread the word to as many people as possible so they don't lose their animals.This is equally harmful to babies and small children that play on the floor a lot and put their fingers in their mouths a lot.PLEASE, EVEN IF YOU DO NOT HAVE BABIES, SMALL CHILDREN OR OWN A PET; PLEASE FORWARD THIS ON! YOU MAY NOT HAVE ANY CHILDREN OR PETS BUT SOME OF YOU HAVE FRIENDS OR FAMILY WITH PETS AND ALSO FAMILIES WITH GRANDCHILDREN AND GREAT GRANDCHILDREN.

No comments: