Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Did I ever tell you about this one time?

Yeah, this one time you will never guess what happened to me.
No really you won't. Go ahead try....

No? Alright, I'll just explain what I'm talking about.

I met a celebrity, a star, a famous person, a singer!
Who?

Well just read and find out!

It was this summer, I went to the Big Sky State Games in Billings (we put together a volleyball team) but we had to pick up one of our players at the airport.

So, we get there and wait for what seems like 30 years of my life. (They always make you wait forever in airports) Then the person we were waiting for (let's call her Louis) Louis walks out and all is right in our volleyball world.
Then I look over and I see him....
I was stunned, speechless, not entirely sure I was accurate with my spotting.
I look over at the other girls and ask "Is that who I think it is?"
They aren't really sure.
But then he walks by me while talking on the cell phone (cause it's cool and all famous people are like SO cool) and I see it. A huge ring with the initials "CBT" on it.
I KNEW it!
I whisper to the girls "That's COWBOY TROY!"
So what do I do? Well the only thing I could
I yell his name, while trying to cover it with a cough..... so classy. (I can't believe I did that)
He ignores me, as he rightfully should. Who cough yells? WHO DOES THAT?

Well finally he takes pity on my poor, poor soul and walks over.
CBT "Was that you that called my name?"
ME "Uh, yeah, that was me" ( I should have lied, I should have blamed LOUIS)
CBT "What are you girls doing here?"
The Girls "Oh we have a volleyball tournament!"
CBT "Oh"
ME" What are you doing here, in Montana?"
CBT " Well, I have a show tonight at the Chaz"
CBT "You guys should come down and check it out"
The Girls "Yeah, we should do that if we have time."

*Enter awkward silence where we are adoring him..... silently of course.

Then he turns and leaves because at that point all we were doing was staring at him with the star struck look in our eyes.
After he has left, I think "WAIT, I need a picture, an autograph, a hand shake, What's Big and Rich Like? I NEED YOU TO RAP US A SONG!!

Unfortunately I forgot my name, where I was, and I forgot to ask him for any of those things.
But I will always have in my memory the run in I had with Cowboy Troy.

And you know what?
He really is HUGE in real life, it's not just on TV.
He is so big, he was traveling alone, no one was with him.
No body guards, no agent, no one.
You know why? Cowboy is definitely big enough to take care of himself.
I wonder what kind of impression I gave him of Montana people....

No comments: