Tuesday, January 27, 2009

You Decide

Is it Friday yet?

Don't answer that question, unless you are going to lie to me and tell me "Yes, it actually is Friday."
The heater I have in my office left. It went on vacation, died, retired? I'm not sure but it has failed. Failed severely in life. And my extremities (hands and feet) have frost bite to prove it.
(Did I use the word extremities correctly in the sentence above? I'm not sure but had a fleetingly smart moment and wanted to use it before it expired.)

I'm huddled in front of my little space heater... seriously I am. If you saw me now, you would laugh, and pity me at the same time.
I don't think I would ever make it homeless, I'd freeze to death in the middle of summer.

There is a cure to this frozen syndrome. Brownies (although, they don't help my butt) they do help my body temp.
Should I call my husband and ask him to make them?
Do you think he would know how?
I mean the directions are on the box... he should be okay right? RIGHT?
Well, maybe not. I mean think about it. And this goes for most males.
(Every now and then, there are those gems that like to bake and keep their loved ones contented with food and other goodies)
But my gem that I married does other things especially well, he can even cook.
Baking however.... I don't know if that is in his arsenal.
I have never come home to him in the kitchen preparing an apple pie, or baking cookies.
I wonder what he would do, if I broke both my arms and he suddenly had a craving for brownies (oh yeah, that happens in our house. a lot)
He would have to bunker (bunker? Oh lord) down and make his own. Okay okay, so lets be honest. If this were to happen, we would probably run to town to get our sweet tooth craving fixed.


Do you ever notice how most of the time I can start out talking about calving, or being cold, or money and it always comes back to food? Do you happen to notice this?
NO? Oh, okay so I don't have anything to worry about right? RIGHT??

Yeah, I didn't think so either.

No comments: