Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The great debate or my nightly debate

Last night for dinner, I didn't know what to make. Has that ever happened to you?
It happens to me all the time. I sit here at work, contemplating what to fix, what sounds good. I hate to admit it, but there are times I talk to myself about a dinner option, I say it out loud just to hear how it sounds. Maybe it will sound better being said then just thought... in my head.
I know, I'm a little off kilter, but being on is like SOOOO boring.

Back to the debate.

I waited to decide until I got home.
Then I got home, and ate a pickle, then I sat on the couch and I couldn't be bothered to think about what to make.
Then Ryan came home, asked "What's for dinner?"
I said "I don't know, what do you want?"
To which his answer EVERYTIME is "I don't care"
UGH, I could scream, I hate that answer just throw a couple ideas around, it won't KILL you.

Okay, I'm back.
So I continued to enjoy sitting on the couch, when I thought eh I'll just take some burger out. There are like so many things to do with burger. (why am I typing in surfer dude mode? I don't know but it's fun and I like totally like it)
Then it hits me... We can have tater-tot casserole!
Wait, how do you make it? I have the general idea, but not the detailed one.
And I wonder if it would work with french fries instead of tater tots, cause that's all I have. Eh, it's got a work a potato is a potato, right?

Then I began to gather my ingredients, burger, french fries, cream of mushroom soup, green beans? green beans..... Well I ran out of them, so Corn it is!

I looked up the recipe and I discovered to my horror, it takes 2 hours to cook. And it was already 7:30.... that's like not going to work and I'm hungry now!

So back to square one, if it was up to me, we would seriously live off of Ramen Noodles! I love the stuff, and can eat it every night. Ryan, not so much it just doesn't really fill him up.
So I made a decision, it just had to be done.
We had Eggs-in-a-hole.
I informed Ryan, and he was totally clueless and didn't like know what I was talking about.
Feel sorry for him, he just moved out from under a rock.

Eggs-in-a-hole:
You take a piece of bread, cut a hole in it.
Melt some butter in a pan, toss holy bread it. Crack an egg in the hole.
And cook on both sides, leaving the yolk runny still.
Then when you cut into your bread, saturated with butter, you also get runny yolk.

It's a pretty easy concept, and really easy to make. Especially on the nights you are scrambling to make dinner fast. (And face it, you ran out of Hamburger Helper or you would have just made that... Well I would have, that or Ramen Noodles if it was up to me)

Still Ryan didn't get it. But guess what... he liked them. Cause he ate 5 of them.
Now, here I sit at work, wondering what do I make for dinner?

My life needs some direction, or more boxes of Hamburger Helper!

No comments: