Monday, January 5, 2009

Plowing through time, and snow drifts

It's a New Year!
A time to re-cap last year, and a time to make plans for the new one.

But before all that, you must celebrate the New Year. What do you normally do?
Because we are in a new place for the New Year, we didn't do what we usually would.
We stayed home, had some friends over and played Cranium!

Have you ever played? It's a fun game, and will change your life.
Of course it gets better as everyone drinks more, people let their pride go and sing like Whitney Houston, or act like a beaver with courage and no inhibitions. (it's at this point in time, I usually pick the most embarrassing card and laugh until tears roll down my face.)

It doesn't get better when a manly, quiet cowboy gets up and sings "Happy Birthday Mr. President" while he crosses his legs pretending to hold down a dress from the wind.
If only I had it on Video, I could be rich.
That's how we brought in the New Year!

Anyways back to the re-cap of last year, 2008:
We moved to Belt (Windy, snow drifting America) Montana
I was jobless for a while, so I was constantly in the Kitchen creating wonderful deserts.
I decided it was a good idea to paint our whole house.
I realized I hated painting.
I got a Volleyball Coaching job in Belt.
I realized I love coaching.
We had our one year anniversary, both survived unscathed.
We both turned one year older.
I had a series of unfortunate events.
Then I had another series of unfortunate events.
Then Christmas, then the New Year.

What I want to accomplish in 2009:
Finish painting my whole house.
Save enough money to purchase 3 big things: camera, grill guard, gun.
Read 5 books.
Find time to read books.
Put my foot down more at work
Maybe cut my hair (sorry Dad)
Dye my hair when I chicken out about cutting my hair.
Settle for highlights when I chicken out yet again.
Win the lottery
Ride my horse more.
Find time to ride my horse.
Finish the Volleyball Season just as good this year or better.
Visit my friends.
Go visit my friends in their hometown.
Buy jeans.
Buy a plow to plow my snow drifting drive way. I've gotten stuck in it twice... in one day.
I almost didn't make it out today, but I have my truck back so we made it!

I think I should explain these snow drifts better. They have a life of their own, their goal in life is to keep me in the house. I'm serious, I'm a prisoner, they are very good goal achievers.

They are in cohorts with the wind. Either you sink or get stuck in a drift or the wind blows snow, dirt and lord know what else in your face. There is no winning. ever.

No comments: