Thursday, January 8, 2009

If you could go back would you?

If you could go back to High school would you?

I loved High school, everything about it...okay well not everything but 97% of it. I had the best friends, a boyfriend, ah life was grand.
That being said, I don't know if I would go back.
If I did go back, I'm almost positive I would do some things differently but would that change my over all thoughts of high school?

I went to a small high school, I new everyone there students, teachers, janitors, bus drivers, lunch ladies, everyone there I knew them all. That's just how it was, we all knew everyone. We hung out at lunch with our best friends and boyfriends, then went to class where we then wrote letters to our best friends and boyfriends.

Then after school it was off to practice, volleyball, basketball, track, and once when I was stoopid cheer leading, (but I was stoopid so it doesn't count) then after practice or before school lifting weights.

The main reason I don't think I could go back is because I don't ever want to be that busy again.
Seriously me and my friends were all juggling so many things.
School, homework, boyfriends, best friend drama, girl drama, boy drama, practice, writing notes, planning movie parties, trips to the movies, trips to town, shopping, sleep overs, phone conversations late in the night, playing Dr. fix it when your friends relationship needs help, going to your friend when you need help, doing your hair just right, wearing the right clothes. The list goes on.
But then on top of all that we did these Majorly important things, at the time they meant the world to us: Prom, Homecoming, Sports Tournaments, School Rivals, Year book, School Pictures, Senior Pictures

Just writing and thinking about all of this again, it's exhausting.
Maybe it's just this way for us and our small school...
College was a blast for 2 reasons well 3, I did what I want, when I wanted and I was like SOOO grown up. I was playing Volleyball, my first love. I met amazing girls, my now extended family.
Then I got a real job and realized, wait I want to go back to college!!
Now I'm married and I don't have to worry about half as much as I did in High school.

Sure I have to worry about things and have responsibilities. But nothing like I used too, I don't have to write 27.8 notes in one day during classes.
I don't have to worry about Prom or Homecoming (thank god)
There isn't any more worries about boyfriends or crushes
Yeah I still shop, call my friends, like to watch movies but something is different.
I'm older things around me are more stable. I don't have to worry about Ryan telling his boss "Oh, my god. You won't believe what my wife wore to work today." I laugh just thinking about it.
Pressure, that is what the difference is.
In high school there was always so much pressure, to dress right, say the right thing, have like the so perfect life.
But now, we are who we are. And there isn't pressure to be something we aren't. Of course I still talk to friends from high school, but its different. We've all grown up.
High school was fun, and I'm thankful but I'll never go back.

No comments: