Friday, April 3, 2009

The possiblilites are ENDLESS!!

Yesterday while browsing the Internets I found a fun cheeky little blog.
More importantly I found a super easy, really yummy recipe.
The best thing however is you can change this recipe up and make it into a gazillion different things.

I think every kitchen or recipe holder should have a recipe like this.

What you will need:

1 pkg./ container/ roll of Pillsbury Croissant rolls
*each container will make two


That's it.... no seriously that is it.
The important part, the filling.... that's the part that can be changed!
What you are really learning is the technique (I heard Rachel Ray say that one time.)
The Technique:
When you open the croissants they are all connected by two's. You should have 4 pieces.
You want to keep them this way.
You spoon whatever filling you desire onto the bottom piece.
Cover with the top piece and then you seal all the edges.
I topped mine with cheese!
Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 min. Or until golden brown.
Serve and bask in the glory of a quick fixed dinner.

Filling Ideas?

If you are feeling like BBQ:
1 lb ground beef (brown in a pan) or Shredded cooked chicken
Add:
1 Cup BBQ Sauce (I'm diggin Jack Daniels at the moment)
1 Tablespoon dried minced onion
Mix it all together and spoon onto the croissant dough.

Feelin like a Fiesta?
Cook the meat of your choice
Add taco seasoning and cheese.
Spoon onto the croissant dough
Serve with Sour Cream and Salsa

Want a little pizza?
spoon a little pizza sauce on bottom dough
Add pepperoni, canadian bacon, olives, anchovies whatever you desire
Don't forget the cheese
Cover with the top piece of croissant dough.

Can you get any easier? Seriously I don't think so.
I got home late last night (we went to basketball open gym)
I made these in seriously 20 minutes. They were so good and so easy.
Go forth and take on the world of easy peasy cuisine!

For the weekend I plan on making taquitos!
They do my body good.

No comments: